ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Windows TSM server 6.1.2.0 after clean install : ANR2968E Database backup terminated. DB2 sqlcode: -2033.

2009-08-26 09:23:02
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Windows TSM server 6.1.2.0 after clean install : ANR2968E Database backup terminated. DB2 sqlcode: -2033.
From: "Strand, Neil B." <NBStrand AT LMUS.LEGGMASON DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 09:20:36 -0400
Stefan,
 From the "TSM V6.1 Problem Determination Guide" - GC23-9789

Note - Adjust the following for your Windows environment

======================================
DB2 SQLCODE -2033 SQLERRMC 406
SQL error message code 406 requires that the following issues are
resolved:
- The DSMI_CONFIG environment variable points to a valid Tivoli
Storage Manager options file.
- The instance owner has read access to the dsm.opt file.
- The DSMI_CONFIG environment variable is set in the db2profile.

The following procedure is an example process for debugging DSMI
environment
variable errors on a UNIX platform where the SQL error code (SQLERRMC)
of 409
was displayed when using the dsmapipw command:
1. Open the /home/tsminst1/sqllib/userprofile file and examine the
statements.
If you make any changes to this file, stop and restart the DB2 instance
so that
the changes are recognized. The userprofile file might have statements
similar
to the following example text:

export DSMI_CONFIG=/home/tsminst1/tsminst1/tsmdbmgr.opt
export DSMI_DIR=/usr/tivoli/tsm/client/api/bin64/dsm.sys
export DSMI_LOG=/home/tsminst1/tsminst1

The file in the first line of the example (/home/tsminst1/tsminst1/
tsmdbmgr.opt) might have something similar to the following text:
SERVERNAME TSMDBMGR_TSMINST1

The file in the second line of the example
(/usr/tivoli/tsm/client/api/bin64/
dsm.sys) might have something similar to the following text:

SERVERNAME TSMDBMGR_TSMINST1
commmethod tcpip
tcpserveraddr localhost
errorlogname /home/tsminst1/tsminst1/tsmdbmgr.log

2. Verify that the SERVERNAME entry in the tsmdbmgr.opt file matches the
SERVERNAME entry in the dsm.sys file.

3. Run the DSMAPIPW command. You must be logged on using the root user
ID.

4. If you can run the DSMAPIPW command, remove the /home/tsminst1/
tsminst1/tsmdbmgr.log file while still using the root user ID to
eliminate
permission problems between the root user and tsminst1.

Also make sure that the user running TSM has write permissions to all
log files
The API Options file in UNIX is /usr/tivoli/tsm/client/api/bin64/dsm.sys
- look for or create a similar file on your server

Another reference you may want to consult is the IBM Redbook: "Backing
up DB2 with IBM Tivoli Storage Manager" - sg24-6247

Cheers,
Neil Strand
Storage Engineer - Legg Mason
Baltimore, MD.
(410) 580-7491
Whatever you can do or believe you can, begin it.
Boldness has genius, power and magic.