ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] mergefilespaces and import

2008-09-25 12:38:54
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] mergefilespaces and import
From: "Conway, Timothy" <tim.conway AT JBSSWIFT DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 10:37:36 -0600
What doc for import node says that?  Certainly not the server's own
documentation.
"
MERGEfilespaces
     Specifies whether Tivoli Storage Manager merges client files into
     existing file spaces on the target server (if they exist), or if
Tivoli
     Storage Manager generates new file space names. The default is NO.

     Valid values are:
     Yes
          Specifies that imported data on the target server is merged
with
          the existing file space, if a file space with the same name
          already exists on the target server.
     No
          Specifies that Tivoli Storage Manager generates a new file
space
          name for imported data on the target server if file spaces
with
          the same name already exist.
"