ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Journaling database retaining upon reboot?

2008-07-10 20:07:00
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Journaling database retaining upon reboot?
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 17:06:04 -0700
Hi Alex,

Good out-of-the-box thinking, but the drawbacks are probably more severe
than the advantages:

- The TSM journal service (at least on Windows) is not a filter driver.

- Such a solution would cause lots of problems for the OS itself.

- I wouldn't want to be in your shoes if you installed a product that
could cause application failures just to satisfy the journal service. :-)

Best regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group
Tivoli Storage Manager Client Product Development
Level 3 Team Lead

http://www.ibm.com/software/sysmgmt/products/support/IBMTivoliStorageManager.html

The command line is your friend.

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 07/09/2008
10:29:48 AM: