ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] The BACKUP VM command is not supported on this client (ANS1184W)

2008-03-21 15:44:36
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] The BACKUP VM command is not supported on this client (ANS1184W)
From: Bill Smoldt <smoldt AT STORSERVER DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 13:43:38 -0600
Actually, Andy, the current release of VCB is still 64-bit.  However, you
can at least now install it on a 64-bit machine in 32-bit mode (that wasn't
true in 3.0.2).

So, Charles, while I haven't tried it you can likely run the 32-bit TSM
client and you will get by the error message you're seeing.  I won't go so
far as to say that your VCB backup will work at that point, but you don't
need the 5.5 TSM server for the backup vm command.  Again, I haven't tried
this combination because we don't need to use it.

Bill Smoldt
STORServer, Inc.
719-302-5051