ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] 3592 Drive Encryption

2008-01-07 10:12:33
Subject: [ADSM-L] 3592 Drive Encryption
From: "Herrmann, Boris" <Boris.Herrmann AT ARAG DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2008 16:10:27 +0100
Hello TSM'ers,

I've a question regarding Drive Encryption. We have a TSM Server v5.4.1.2 (on
AIX 5.3.0.0) with a 3584 Tape Library and 3592-E05 Drives. We share this
Library with our mainframe colleagues (one logical Library for mainframe and
one logical Library for our TSM environment). Now our management wishes to
encrypt our COPYSTORAGE-Pool volumes.

My questions:
Have anyone any experience with that issue and can give us some hints and tips
how to implement the Drive Encryption.
Need we additional Feature Codes for the Drives?
Can we enable Drive Encryption only for our Logical Library without interfere
our mainframe colleagues?

With kind regards,

Boris Herrmann

Produktion / Heterogene Systeme

ARAG IT GmbH

ARAG Platz 1, 40472 Düsseldorf

Tel:  +49 (0)211 964-1137

Fax: +49 (0)211 964-1155

Boris.Herrmann AT ARAG DOT de

www.ARAG.de <http://www.arag.de/>

Geschäftsführer:  Ottmar Liebler, Hanno Petersen

Sitz und Registergericht:  Düsseldorf,  HRB 10934

USt-ID-Nr.:  DE 119 356 473