ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TDP for SQL advice

2007-08-03 12:35:30
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TDP for SQL advice
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2007 12:33:48 -0400
Hi Paul,

Data Protection for SQL can certainly run LOG backups.

You could modify your automated scheduled batch file
to call the a SQL Server job to shrink the files.
For example, something like this:

   tdpsqlc backup * full
   tdpsqlc backup * log
   osql -E -i shinkjob.sql

where "shinkjob.sql" is a TSQL command file to
shrink the log for you.

Thanks,

Del

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 08/02/2007
11:56:00 PM: