ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] configuration for server splitting ?

2007-05-24 07:09:02
Subject: [ADSM-L] configuration for server splitting ?
From: Otto Chvosta <otto.chvosta AT MEDUNIWIEN.AC DOT AT>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 13:08:12 +0200
Hi TSMers,

We've a single TSM-Server (TSM5.3.4/AIX5.3) and 3494 tape library with eight
TS1120 drives. We'll split the environment into two physical servers because
our database (actual 200GB) is growing continuously. There should be three
TSM instances - one new instance as library manager for 3494 sharing on
existing server and two instances (existing instance and a new one on new
physical machine) for node access as library clients. Now I'm looking for
information how to configure and migrate to this new environment but the
documentation for the SAN/AIX part seems to be very poor. To ensure that the
data flow over SAN on both physical machines (for migration from disk
storage pools to tape) I'd like to build zones within both servers and all
of the tapes on the fabric(s) so that the tape drives can be configured as
primary/alternate rmt's on each of the two servers.

If this is possible and supported next step will be to gather information
how to set up the LIBRARY, PATH and DRIVE definitions and how to migrate all
the libvolumes from old instance to the new library manager instance.

Any suggestions how to do that ?

TIA

Otto
TSM-Admininstration