ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] tsm changed DOMAIN statement

2007-04-05 10:11:44
Subject: [ADSM-L] tsm changed DOMAIN statement
From: Gary Osullivan <gary.osullivan AT STANDARDLIFE DOT CA>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2007 10:11:22 -0400
TSM users

I"m using TSM 5.3 client on an win2000 machine

We have 2 backup schedules running on this client.
TSM SQL backup sched + a flat file backup.

In the flate file backup rather than using "exclude.DIR" to ignore(skip over
the SQL data) I have recently updated the DOMAIN statement
to point only to the drives that do not have SQL data.

question: What will happen to SLQ data that may have found it's way into the
backup on previous flat file backups.

With this recent change to the DOMAIN statement will I end up with orphan data
or will it mark the data for deletion.

Gary