ADSM-L

Re: Windows TSM CAD errors,

2007-03-16 13:33:14
Subject: Re: Windows TSM CAD errors,
From: Gregory Lynch <gjlynch AT NOTES.CC.SUNYSB DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 13:32:48 -0400
Tim,

I had the same issue a while back. Here is what I had to do.

Open Regedit
Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\TSM Client
Acceptor\Parameters

If you don't see the following string add it, or if the value is empty
just add the name of the scheduler service.

CadSchedName      value=”name of scheduler service”

Greg

Gregory Lynch
Lead Programmer Analyst
IT Infrastructure/Systems Administration
Stony Brook University Medical Center
HSC Level 3, Room 121  ZIP 8037
Phone: 631-444-9783
Gregory.Lynch AT stonybrook DOT edu

This e- mail message, including any attachments,
is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may
contain confidential and privileged information.
by e-mail and destroy all copies of the original.

Timothy Hughes <Timothy.Hughes AT OIT.STATE.NJ DOT US>
03/16/2007 10:43 AM
Please respond to

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
[ADSM-L] Windows TSM CAD errors,

Hello,

I installed  the Windows TSM client 5.3.4 on a Windows server yesterday.
I am seeing the following
Error.  I have check the Cad services and it seems ok, has any seen this
type error before?

Error starting schedule service: CadSchedName registry value is empty
Ans1977E Dsmcad schedule invocation was unsuccessful

Error starting schedule service: CadSchedName registry value is empty
Ans1977E Dsmcad schedule invocation was unsuccessful

Thanks for any help in advance!

AIX 5.3
TSM Server 5.3.4
TSM 5.3.4 client