ADSM-L

TSM LPAR + virtual I/O server : is it possible ?

2006-09-21 11:23:04
Subject: TSM LPAR + virtual I/O server : is it possible ?
From: PAC Brion Arnaud <Arnaud.Brion AT PANALPINA DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 17:21:52 +0200
Hi list,

I've been asked recently if it would be possible to build a TSM server
on a P520 LPAR, using i/o virtualization.
>From what I heard, the machine should be connected to a small TS3310
library (2 LTO3 drives), using 1 FC adapter which should be shared with
other LPARS ...

Would like some feedback on the feasibility/viability of such a setup,
and/or tip and tricks to use for building such an environment (I have no
such experience so far, and this seems to be a pretty complicated setup)

Thanks for your help !

Cheers.

Arnaud

******
Panalpina Management Ltd., Basle, Switzerland,
CIT Department Viadukstrasse 42, P.O. Box 4002 Basel/CH
Phone:  +41 (61) 226 11 11, FAX: +41 (61) 226 17 01
Direct: +41 (61) 226 19 78
e-mail: arnaud.brion AT panalpina DOT com
******