ADSM-L

Re: ISC installation problems

2006-09-08 12:41:48
Subject: Re: ISC installation problems
From: Mark Stapleton <mark.stapleton AT USBANK DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2006 10:31:36 -0500
> Van: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU] Namens
> Gilbert, Guillaume
> I am having problems installing ISC on Windows 2003 servers. I tried 3
> times on a VMWare image with a fresh install of Win2K3. The image had
> 1024 Mbytres of RAM allocated. The 3 times the install stoped at 93%.

Keep in mind also that neither TSM nor VMWare recommend or support putting
a TSM server on a VMWare ESX image. (TSM clients are not an issue.)

The thought of TSM's legendary bandwidth needs being forced through a
virtualization layer and then contending for attention with the physical
hardware involved gives me a bad case of the Cold Robies.

--
Mark Stapleton (mark.stapleton AT usbank DOT com)
US Bank MR Backup and Recovery Management