ADSM-L

Re: Strange Admin Schedule/Script behavior

2006-08-04 12:42:30
Subject: Re: Strange Admin Schedule/Script behavior
From: John Monahan <JMonahan AT COMPURES DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2006 11:39:24 -0500
"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 08/04/2006
10:05:54 AM:

> Hello,
>
> I have a Admin Schedule/Script that runs the following Housecleaning
> tasks,
> daily which has been working fine months. This morning though the
> BA STG Backuppool rmtpool process and the Migrate Stgpool process
> was ACTIVE at the same time! I checked the log an it shows nothing
> as to why this happened as you can see the the Migrate Process
> should WAIT UNTIL the BA STG backuppool process ends before
> starting which it has been doing. This could be just a isolated
> incident not sure has this ever happened to anyone else?
> Any guesses?
>
> serial
> BACKUP DB DEVCLASS=BKP TYPE=INCREMENTAL wait=yes
> serial
> BA STG backuppool rmpool maxpr=2 wait=yes
> serial
> migrate stgpool backuppool lowmig=0 wait=yes
> serial
> Ba STG LTpool RMpool maxpr=2 wait=yes
> serial
> expire inventory
>

> F.Y.I - Automatic Migration has been turned off for a while.

Does the log indicate the migration was started by the script?  What were
processes 58 and 59?

John Monahan
Consultant Infrastructure Solutions Group
Computech Resources, Inc.
Office: 952-833-0930 ext 109
Cell: 952-221-6938
http://www.computechresources.com