ADSM-L

Re: Oracle TDP question

2005-10-25 15:14:11
Subject: Re: Oracle TDP question
From: "Scott R. Grover" <Scott.R.Grover AT SUPERVALU DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 14:13:38 -0500
One alternative would be to simply add the old node name to the new server.....

             Richard
             Mochnaczewski
             <Richard.Mochnaczew                                             To
             ski AT STANDARDLIFE DOT CA         ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
             >                                                               cc
             Sent by: "ADSM:
             Dist Stor Manager"                                         Subject
             <[email protected]         [ADSM-L] Oracle TDP question

             10/25/2005 02:03 PM

              Please respond to
              "ADSM: Dist Stor
                  Manager"
             <[email protected]

Hi Everybody,

I have an interesting scenario. I'm using RMAN backups for my Oracle database.
We are in the process of moving a database from one server to another.
Unfortuantely, the Oracle tdpo.opt and dsm.sys RMAN stanza were pointing to the
incorrect server when an Oracle archive backup was run using an API. So, I have
an Oracle archive backup registered in TSM to the wrong node. Have can I
re-associate that archive backup to the correct node ?

Rich