ADSM-L

Re: Backing up VMware

2005-10-20 15:20:30
Subject: Re: Backing up VMware
From: William Boyer <bjdboyer AT COMCAST DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 15:20:15 -0400
You can install the client in the virtual machine OS, then it functions like
normal backing up the filesystems. You can also install
the TSM client on the Vmware console using a Linux client. Then if you take the
virtual machine(s) down you can backup the physical
VMDK file that makes up the virtual machine. We do this on a weekly basis.
Daily we back up from with the OS of each virtual machine
and then on weekends we backup the physical files from the Vmware console.

If you go to the TSM support page and query on Vmware you'll find lots of hits.

Bill Boyer
"Some days you're the bug, some days you're the windshield" - ??