ADSM-L

Re: Open File Support for which files

2005-08-25 13:56:11
Subject: Re: Open File Support for which files
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 10:56:01 -0700
Open File Support (OFS) operates on a volume-level basis, i.e., all files
on the volume are eligible. There is no indication of which files were
"open" at the time they were backed up.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

The command line is your friend.

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 2005-08-25
03:38:21:

> Hello,
>
> I'm testing with the OFS option on Windows and I try to left some files
> open, like Access, Word, Excel, text-file on a file-server, but so far I
> didn't get any open file messages.
>
> Now I'm wondering for what kind of files (and when they appear as open
> during back-up) you can use the OFS option?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mike

FREE!