ADSM-L

Re: Windows x64 support

2005-07-27 10:14:22
Subject: Re: Windows x64 support
From: Maurice van 't Loo <tsm AT COMPARECOMPUTERS DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 16:14:09 +0200
The current 64 bits client is a IA64 client, so you cannot use it for the
x86-64 Windows.

In x86-64 Windows the drivers and services MUST be 64-bits, so i don't
expect that the TSM Server and Scheduler runs under 64 bits Windows. But if
you use an other scheduler (The Windows own scheduler is very stable :-)) i
can't find a reason why it could not work.

But what stops you for trying and telling us ;-)

Regards,
Maurice