ADSM-L

Re: Faster Restore

2005-06-14 16:25:44
Subject: Re: Faster Restore
From: "Stapleton, Mark" <mark.stapleton AT BERBEE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 15:25:21 -0500
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU] On
Behalf Of Debbie Bassler
>I started a gui restore, of the C drive, on an NT server about an hour
>ago. The server has only restored 1.2G and I'm told contains
>about 8G of
>data. Is there something I can do to restore faster? The TSM server
>version is 5.1.1 and the client version is 5.2.0. Also, if I cancel the
>current restore will I be able to restart it ? Thanks for any help.

Many things could be causing the problem. The mostly likely reason,
unless your storage pool is collocated, is that many tape volumes are
being scanned in order to restore the desired information.

IBM Certified Advanced Deployment Professional
  Tivoli Storage Management Solutions 2005
IBM Certified Advanced Technical Expert (CATE) AIX
Office 262.521.5627