ADSM-L

password

2005-06-06 15:22:49
Subject: password
From: Brenda Collins <collinbr AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2005 14:07:28 -0500
We use password access generate on all of our configurations. In the past,
we have used expiration 0 so that we do not run into issues with
expirations.  We are now being asked to set up an expiration period and I
am wondering if the 'passwordaccess generate' is going to create a new
password itself upon expiration or just fail the backup.

The manual does not state that it will do that and I do not want backups
failing as a result of the passwords expiring.  I have heard answers both
ways on this configuration.  For anyone expiring passwords, are you
resetting them manually or does this happen automatically?

Thanks,
Brenda