ADSM-L

Re: curious behavior

2005-04-01 13:12:01
Subject: Re: curious behavior
From: "Stapleton, Mark" <mark.stapleton AT BERBEE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2005 12:11:42 -0600
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU] On
Behalf Of Tyree, David
>I just rechecked things with the comments from the list. It seems the
>current access level of the tape didn't have any bearing on the
>situation.
>Right now I have a q mo showing one tape as R/W and the other as R/O.
>The q vol f=d is telling me that both tapes are Read/Write.

That is correct behavior. 000003L2 is the input tape for your
reclamation process; it will be mounted R/O so that nothing can be
written to the source tape while it moves data to the target tape. WAD.

I *have* seen instances where a source tape, which should be mounted
R/O, is instead mounted R/W. I haven't tracked the issue because, quite
frankly, it's not much of an issue; I am usually running down more
serious problems.

IBM Certified Advanced Deployment Professional
Tivoli Storage Management Solutions 2005
Office 262.521.5627