ADSM-L

Re: curious behavior

2005-03-31 16:48:15
Subject: Re: curious behavior
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 14:47:55 -0700
You are correct, I verified this myself with a MOVE DATA against a full
read/write volume. QUERY MOUNT shows it mounted as R/O.

Sorry for passing on misinformation. I'm gonna go back to the server guys
and ask for their clarification.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

The command line is your friend.

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 2005-03-31
14:34:45:

> David
>
> I never thought I'd say this, but I don't entirely agree with Andy.
>
> From my observations, during a reclamation, COPY STGPOOL or MOVE DATA
> process, the source volume may be mounted R/O if its status is FULL
> regardless of it's access.
>
> Regards
> Neil Schofield
> Yorkshire Water Services Ltd.
>

> tsm: TSM1>q vol G01081 f=d
>
>                    Volume Name: G01081
>              Storage Pool Name: LOC_TAPEPOOL_GENERAL_ARCHIVE
>              Device Class Name: LOC_STKL5500
>        Estimated Capacity (MB): 79,379.7
>        Scaled Capacity Applied:
>                       Pct Util: 71.8
>                  Volume Status: Full
>                         Access: Read/Write
>         Pct. Reclaimable Space: 28.2
>                Scratch Volume?: Yes
>                In Error State?: No
>       Number of Writable Sides: 1
>        Number of Times Mounted: 8
>              Write Pass Number: 1
>      Approx. Date Last Written: 05-01-2005 11:28:21
>         Approx. Date Last Read: 09-11-2004 11:43:48
>            Date Became Pending:
>         Number of Write Errors: 0
>          Number of Read Errors: 0
>                Volume Location:
> Volume is MVS Lanfree Capable : No
> Last Update by (administrator):
> more...   (<ENTER> to continue, 'C' to cancel)
>
>          Last Update Date/Time: 09-11-2004 11:43:16
>

> tsm: TSM1>move data G01081
> ANR2232W This command will move all of the data stored on volume G01081
> other volumes within the same storage pool; the data will be
inaccessible
> users until the operation completes.
>
> Do you wish to proceed? (Yes (Y)/No (N)) y
> ANS8003I Process number 3887 started.
>
> tsm: TSM1>q pro
>
>  Process Process Description  Status
>   Number
> -------- --------------------
>    3,887 Move Data            Volume G01081 (storage pool
>                                LOC_TAPEPOOL_GENERAL_ARCHIVE), Target
Pool
>                                LOC_TAPEPOOL_GENERAL_ARCHIVE, Moved
Files:
> 2447,
>                                Moved Bytes: 168,867,360, Unreadable
Files:
> 0,
>                                Unreadable Bytes: 0. Current Physical
File
>                                (bytes): None Current input volume:
G01081.
>                                Current output volume: G00676.
>
> tsm: TSM1>q mount
> ANR8330I ECARTRIDGE volume G01081 is mounted R/O in drive
TSM1_GS02STKL5500
> (\\.\mt13.0.1.9), status: IN USE.
> ANR8330I ECARTRIDGE volume G00676 is mounted R/W in drive
TSM1_GS02STKL5500