ADSM-L

Re: How much disk space (active version only) does a volume/drive use?

2005-03-01 10:08:40
Subject: Re: How much disk space (active version only) does a volume/drive use?
From: "Stapleton, Mark" <mark.stapleton AT BERBEE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 09:00:27 -0600
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU] On
Behalf Of JR Trimark
>Does anyone know how to write a sql script that would display
>how much data (active version only) would be restored for a
>volume/drive?  I am looking for a way to determine how long a
>restore will take based upon the amount of data that needs to
>be restored.

There's a lot more to it than that. Is the data coming from a collocated
pool? If not, how fragmented is the data? Determining restore time
without consideration of data fragmentation is a fool's errand.

Try this instead. Create a test server and restore the data to it.

Berbee Information Networks
Office 262.521.5627