ADSM-L

Db and recoverylog files

2005-02-10 11:53:11
Subject: Db and recoverylog files
From: Sandra <sadi AT SUPER.NET DOT PK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 22:06:33 +0500
Dear All,
TSM 5.2.3 on windows 2000 server.
My server has space triggers for DB and Recovery log.
As I now see the files there are 8 DB Files and 3 Recovery log files spanned on
2 partitions.

Kindly enlighten me on these !

Question 1:
How do i get all these files merged into 1?

Question 2:
If I am taking full backups of Database daily, do i need to keep large recovery
logs with me?

Question 3:
If I have to restore DB using DRM, (This DB spanning multiple partitions and
files which is backed up) would it restore all DB Files as single file or there
will be multiple files like before? and additionally would there be any issue
since previously i had DB files located on 2 different partitions?

Kind Regards,
Sandra