ADSM-L

Re: File has a corrupt named stream

2005-01-31 00:40:27
Subject: Re: File has a corrupt named stream
From: "Sujay Dinakar R." <sujay_dinakar AT YAHOO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 21:40:07 -0800
Thanks Richards,

Message ANS2048E, is comming the error log,

Environment:

Tsm server  V. 5.1.0 and client V. 5.2.0 is on Windows 2000 Server.

I was trying to restore the files to the Network path to a X Server G5 Mac OS
10.3, when I try to restore the same files on the local/Network W2K it goes
smooth without any err. is there any cross platform issue in restoring? I would
like to know this because I like to take the backup from the X raid which is
connected to Xserver from a Win 2K client, since all of my previous backups are
taken from the windows I want to continue to user Win 2K client for
backup/restore.

Sujay Dinakar R.

Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU> wrote:
On Jan 29, 2005, at 6:14 AM, Sujay Dinakar R. wrote:
> for all the files what ever I try to restore.
> To day I had received a problem in the TSM client: it is showing as
> "File has a corrupt named stream"
>
> Can any one please guide me why the problem is occuring.

When posting, help us to help you by providing a realistic amount of
information, including your operating environment type, TSM
client/server levels, and file system type, as well as message numbers
(most typically found in the dsmerror.log file). In this case, it would
also be helpful to have a lot more context, as in whether the restoral
client and file system are the same ones which originated the backup
file you are attempting to restore, and whether the operating system
environment had changed over the intervening interval.

I would surmise that your environment is Windows and that the file
system type is NTFS. You may be trying to employ a relatively modern
TSM client to restore data which had been backed up with an older
client, where that backup client had a defect such that in the presence
of an unusual circumstance, the data was not backed up correctly. This
may be message ANS2048E, where APAR IC33922 notes that the backup may
be bad, as addressed by other APARs. If this is the case, there isn't
much you can do except try to make the most of what data may have
restored.

Richard Sims http://people.bu.edu/rbs