ADSM-L

Question about LTO2 tape error

2004-11-18 09:04:29
Subject: Question about LTO2 tape error
From: Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 09:02:43 -0500
I am a bit of a newby when it comes to LTO2 tape technology, so please
excuse the possible "dumb" question.

I received the following error about my LTO2 tape:

11/17/2004 4:38:01 PM ANR8950W Device /dev/rmt3, volume 090046 has issued
the following Warning TapeAlert: The tape directory on the tape cartridge
just unloaded has been corrupted. File search performance will be
degraded. The tape directory can be rebuilt by reading all the data.

I was copying the contents to another tape since a previous error caused
this tape to go into UNAVAILABLE status.

This tape is now empty and scratched.

Is there something special I need to do to this tape or will it
automagically rebuild the "tape directory" when this tape gets reused ?