ADSM-L

Re: odd node session

2004-11-15 10:59:48
Subject: Re: odd node session
From: "Gill, Geoffrey L." <GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 07:59:27 -0800
>Geoff - Do 'telnet <YourTSMserverSystem> 1500' and you'll get an idea
>        where such things are coming from: inappropriate TCP
>connections.  Use an OS tool (netstat, lsof) to see the origin of
>the interloper.
>   Richard Sims

Thanks for the input Richard. I found it using netstat but I guess I don't
understand the TSM side of this. Typically when a node tries to connect to
TSM with node unknown to it you will see the session rejection in the
activity log. In this case TSM showed a session connected with no node name.
I have never seen a connected session with no node name before and no
activity log entry for that session number.

Geoff Gill
TSM Administrator
NT Systems Support Engineer
SAIC