ADSM-L

Re: Dirmc question

2004-11-01 11:12:25
Subject: Re: Dirmc question
From: "Stapleton, Mark" <mark.stapleton AT BERBEE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 10:12:13 -0600
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU] On
Behalf Of Robert Ouzen
>I am running Netware backups at night on disk and during the
>day I migrate it to cartridge I am planning now to backups
>those Novell 's client just on a storage disk.
>For better performance I know backup my dirmc on disk , I
>think to do a move nodedata from my cartridge storage to my
>new storage disk but what about my storage disk of dirmc I
>think I will not need anymore .
>
>Did I need  to do :
> 1. A next storage  from my actual dirmc storage disk to the
>new storage disk where the Novell's backup will be after the
>move nodedata  2. To  delete my old dirmc storage pool ( after
>is empty)  3. To delete the dirmc entry on my dsm.opt

Leave your dirmc disk storage pool just the way it is now.

Information that goes into your dirmc pool is also stored in your
standard disk storage pool, which you are now migrating to tape. The
reason you leave the dirmc disk pool in place is so that when you have
to perform large-scale restores, the directory structure information is
restored from disk; this is much faster than restoring from tape.

Berbee Information Networks
Office 262.521.5627