ADSM-L

Re: dsmc command question?

2004-10-06 15:21:57
Subject: Re: dsmc command question?
From: Loren Cain <loren.cain AT DIGICONASP DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004 15:24:29 -0400
Without seeing your code, it's difficult to know what
problem you are encountering. However, the following
code works for me on Solaris 9:

#!/usr/bin/perl
$FILESPACE='/';
my @cmd = "dsmc q backup $FILESPACE -su=yes -filesonly";
foreach $line ( qx(@cmd) )
{
   print "RESULT: $line";
}
exit(0);

If you are trying to do this on Windows, as it appears
you may be, you could be running into issues with Windows
pipes. In such cases, it is often more reliable to redirect
the output of the command to a temporary file and then read
the file back in.

Loren Cain
Digicon