ADSM-L

Re: Licensing issues when moving server

2004-06-08 04:39:09
Subject: Re: Licensing issues when moving server
From: Daniel Sparrman <Daniel.Sparrman AT EXIST DOT SE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 10:39:03 +0200
The packages on the IBM FTP-site doesnt containt the LIC-files or the
dsmlicense file. You will need theese files to be able to register
licences.

When doing a new install, you'll always need the product CD from IBM, or
the download from Passport Advantage to be able to install the server.

Best Regards

Daniel Sparrman
-----------------------------------
Daniel Sparrman
Exist i Stockholm AB
Propellervägen 6B
183 62 TÄBY
Växel: 08 - 754 98 00
Mobil: 070 - 399 27 51

Gordon Woodward <gordon.woodward AT DB DOT COM>
2004-06-08 10:33
Please respond to

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Licensing issues when moving server

I was just trying to move one of our TSM servers to a new machine today,
but when it came to re-registering the licenses I kept getting the
following errors:

ANS8000I Server command: 'register license file(50mgsyslan.lic)'
ANR2852I Current license information:
ANR9638W License registration is not supported on this server.
ANS8001I Return code 3.

This happened for all the licenses I was trying to reregister.

>From my hazy recollection, we only used the TSM v4.2.2.5 server download
from the IBM FTP support site on the initial installation and I re-used
that same server package today to reinstall on the new server. Now at the
time we were initially using an original TSM v4.1.2 CD but then decided to
use the newer version, so no update/upgrade was performed as we did a
fresh install.

What do I need to do to get around this licensing issue without
uninstalling TSM off the new server and reinstalling? In the end I had to
rollback to the old TSM server and have another crack at it tomorrow.

Thanks in advance

Gordon Woodward
Wintel Server Support

e-mail is strictly forbidden.