ADSM-L

Journalled backup Windows NT / 2000

2003-12-03 05:50:33
Subject: Journalled backup Windows NT / 2000
From: "Markerink, Jaap" <jmarkerink AT GOOI-NOORD DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2003 11:34:12 +0100
I'm new to this group, so I don't know if this problem has been adressed
before. Here we go:

I installed the journal service on our main windows NT server for office
applications/files (with TSM-client 5.1.0) to optimize our backup-window.
TSM holds about 1.5 mill. files from this server.
Since then we noticed that the memory use of the tsmjbbd.exe program grew
above 200Mb.
At the same time schedules started to be "missed".
A service stop/start for the scheduler and journal service fixed this
problem for a few days.
Last week we moved the data to a Windows 2000 server with an updated
TSM-client 5.1.6.7 now again the same problem occurs.
Our server platform is AIX 4.3.3 TSM-server version 5.1.8.0

Met vriendelijk groet,

Jaap Markerink
Senior Medewerker Systemen & Netwerken
Afdeling I&A