ADSM-L

Re: Upgrade TSM Server problem

2003-07-15 10:15:53
Subject: Re: Upgrade TSM Server problem
From: Henrik Wahlstedt <shwl AT STATOIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 16:15:20 +0200

Tnx Mike, but I think the information mostly is intended for Christian
since he asked the question :D

>From TSM4210S_WINDOWS.README.SRV file: (Last part is the best...just goals
folks)
TSM Server Upgrade Issues for version 4.2.0.0

A number of changes have been incorporated into the current TSM server
package including that the TSM Server licenses, Device Driver, and
Backup-archive client are now in separate packages. These changes will
improve the way you deploy TSM in the long run but requires that all
previous versions of TSM prior to 4.2.0.0 be uninstalled before
installing these packages.  It is TSM's goal to not require an
uninstall for future packages.

Med vänlig hälsning

 Henrik Wahlstedt          Statoil                   Phone: +46 8 429 6325

 KTJ IT NED SE1            Torkel Knutssonsgatan 24  Mobile: +46 70 429 6325

                           118 88 Stockholm          E-mail:

                           Sverige                   Henrik.Wahlstedt AT
statoil DOT com

                    Mike Hedden

                    <mhedden@BELL        To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU

                    SOUTH.NET>           cc:     (bcc: Henrik Wahlstedt)

                    Sent by:             Subject:     Re: Upgrade TSM Server
problem
                    "ADSM: Dist

                    Stor Manager"

                    <ADSM-L AT VM DOT MA

                    RIST.EDU>

                    2003-07-15

                    15:31

                    Please

                    respond to

                    "ADSM: Dist

                    Stor Manager"

Henrik,
The Quick Start and Readme provide instructions which indicate you need to
uninstall the previous release prior to installing 5.2
Regards
Mike

> From: Henrik Wahlstedt <shwl AT STATOIL DOT COM>
> Date: 2003/07/15 Tue AM 06:19:02 EDT
> To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
> Subject: Re: Upgrade TSM Server problem
>

> Hi,
>
> I thought the uninstall process in TSM server upgrades was removed at
> v4.1...
>
> But uninstall it then.. it wont remove db or logs and .dsk, opt file etc.
> Install 5.2 ans let us now what happend. It4s only test! You will
probably
> need to recreate the TSM server services.
>
> //Henrik
>

>                     Christian Svensson
>                     <Christian.Svensson@C        To:
ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
>                     RISTIE.SE>                   cc:     (bcc: Henrik
Wahlstedt)
>                     Sent by: "ADSM: Dist         Subject:     Upgrade TSM
Server problem
>                     Stor Manager"
>                     <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
>                     >

>                     2003-07-15 11:44
>                     Please respond to
>                     "ADSM: Dist Stor
>                     Manager"

> Hi!
> Have anyone try to upgrade there TSM Server to 5.2?
> I try to upgrade my test TSM Server from 5.1.6.3 to 5.2.0.1 (Windows
2000)
> But when I try to upgrade it. The installation program says.
> Please uninstall your old TSM ver.
> Way do I need to uninstall my TSM Server?
> I got a TSM Client on the same machine Ver 5.1.5.15. Can the client have
> any infection to the installation process?
>
> Best Regard / Med vdnlig hdlsning
> Christian Svensson
> Tivoli Storage Manager Certified

>  Cristie Nordic AB
>
>  Box 2                 Phone : +46-(0)8-718 43 30
>
>  SE-131 06 Nacka       Mobil : +46-(0)70-325 15 77
>
>  Sweden                eMail : Christian.
>                        svensson AT cristie DOT se
>

>  Visit : Gamla Vdrmdvvdgen 4, Plan 2
>
>  web : www.cristie.com

>                       "Loon, E.J. van -
>                       SPLXM" <Eric-van.        To:
> ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
>                       Loon AT KLM DOT COM>            cc:
>                       Sent by: "ADSM:          Subject:  Re: Windows
client
> error and TDP for Exchange question
>                       Dist Stor
>                       Manager" <ADSM-
>                       L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>
>

>                       2003-07-15 11:31
>                       Please respond to
>                       "ADSM: Dist Stor
>                       Manager"
>

> Hi Del!
> Thank you very much for you reply!!!
> Kindest regards,
> Eric van Loon
> KLM Royal Dutch Airlines

(See attached file: pic02739.gif)(See attached file: pic08415.gif)(See
attached file: pic01399.gif)

this message.
Thank you.