ADSM-L

TSM Staffing level question for Enterprise Shop

2003-07-07 19:25:00
Subject: TSM Staffing level question for Enterprise Shop
From: "Gordillo, Silvio" <SRG2 AT PGE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2003 16:19:43 -0700
TSM Staffing Level Question:

I'm searching for documentation, industry best practised, bench marks, etc...
on recommended staffing levels for our TSM Environment.  Need to get pointed in
the right direction to provide management with levels of support for enterprise
sized TSM shops.  Maybe some TCO (total cost of ownership) validation docs out
there to support staffing levels.  Below is what we manage.

4 TSM Servers ver 4.2.2.12 (they will be replaced & upgraded soon) AIX 4.3.3
780 TSM Client Nodes various flavors databases mostly oracle, SQL, Exchange
6 LAN-Free Clients. (Gresham EDT Knowledge)
4 STK 9310 Silos running ACS Server 6.0.1
Direct off-site copy pool stg process between data centers via Optical Carrier

Server 1 = 50TBGB
Server 2 = 55TB
Server 3 = 64TB
Server 4 = 56TB
Total Storage = 225TB

Tasks Include:
System Administrator on OS for 4 TSM Server and 2 ACSLS Server (AIX)
Manage Tape Resources - ordering media & inputting
Library Hardware Diag & Support - 48 9840  STK tape drives
TSM Sys Admin Support for Server & Clients various - AIX, NT, WIn2000, Solaris,
LINUX, HPUX

Thanks in advance,

Silvio Gordillo\srg2
Fairfield Information Operations Center (FFIOC)
        *  internal 8-227-2782
        *  external 707-436-2782
        *  pager 707-259-3127
        *  cell#  707-330-0188