ADSM-L

Re: upgrade from AIX 4.3.3 to 5.1 with db and log on ESS

2003-07-01 16:14:40
Subject: Re: upgrade from AIX 4.3.3 to 5.1 with db and log on ESS
From: Lloyd Dieter <dieter AT SNRGY DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 16:14:25 -0400
Are you sure you need to remove the old SDD?  Can't you just update?

Haven't done that version, but I don't recall having to do this in the
past....

-Lloyd

On Tue, 1 Jul 2003 12:55:09 -0400
Eliza Lau <lau AT VTCAT.CC.VT DOT EDU> wrote:

> Hi TSMers,
>
> I am looking into upgrading the server from AIX 4.3.3 to 5.1.  The
> TSM database and log are on ESS 2105 volumes.  To upgrade to SDD 1.4 I
> will have to delete all the definitions for the db and log volumes,
> delete old version of SDD and install the new one.  Has anyone done this
> before and what are the gotchas?
>
> What do I gain from going to 64 bits.  The server only has 3G of memory.
> I am planning on remaining on 32 bits and go to 64 bits in the future.
>
> P660 with 4 processors
> TSM server 5.1.1.6 on AIX 4.3.3
> 3494 with six 3590E1A drives
> IBM ESS 2105 disks (db and log volumes)
> 2109 SAN switches
> SDD 1.3.1.3
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Eliza Lau
> Virginia Tech Computing Center

    Lloyd Dieter        -       Senior Technology Consultant
                     Registered Linux User 285528
   Synergy, Inc.   http://www.synergyinc.cc   ldieter AT snrgy DOT com
             Main:585-389-1260    fax:585-389-1267
                        SMS:5853292627 AT vtext DOT com