ADSM-L

[no subject]

2003-06-23 17:58:57
From: Alex Paschal <AlexPaschal AT FREIGHTLINER DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 11:44:55 -0700
Hi, Shannon.  You could try building a list of your nodes:

node1
node2
node3

store it in a file, "nodes".  Then create a shell script, something like the
following.  You may have to clean up some backslashes, I didn't check it.
Oh, I'm assuming a Unix machine.  If it's Windows, I'm sure you can find a
way to port the concept.

#!/usr/bin/ksh
cat nodes | while read NODENAME; do
   print "query node \$NODENAME"
   print "select distinct(class_name) from backups where
node_name=\'\$NODENAME\'"
   print "select distinct(class_name) from archives where
node_name=\'\$NODENAME\'"
done | dsmadmc -id=id -pa=password -out=myoutfile

But that's going to take a long time.  It may even kill your server.  Also,
it won't tell you if the mgmtclass is on an include/exclude list that is
including nonexistant files.  You would also have to check the
include/exclude list of each client.

Alex Paschal
Freightliner, LLC
(503) 745-6850 phone/vmail