ADSM-L

Re: restore question - NTFS time stamp?

2003-06-18 11:21:43
Subject: Re: restore question - NTFS time stamp?
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 08:21:11 -0700
There is nothing particularly tricky about it. During the backup, we save
the timestamp information. During the restore, we create the directory,
then put the timestamp information back using Windows API function
SetFileTime().

I use PKZIP 2.52 (command line) and the -times=all option will preserve
the timestamps, i.e.:

   pkzip25 -ext -dir -times=all myfile.zip

Check the "help" info for your zip utility to see if it has a similar
option.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

The command line is your friend.

Alexander Lazarevich <alazarev AT ITG.UIUC DOT EDU>
06/18/2003 06:40