ADSM-L

drive and library errors in event viewer

2003-06-11 18:04:08
Subject: drive and library errors in event viewer
From: Eddie Jones <Eddie_Jones AT CANADALIFEUS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 18:02:13 -0400
Hey gang.  I have an odd situation.  I am running tsm version 5.1.6.3 on a
windows 2000 compaq/hp dl580.  When I do any activity on my tape libraries
(i.e. reclaim, moves or migration) I receive and error that the library
goes offline and then the first drive will go offline then I get a message
that says that the library and drive are back online.  We reinstalled the
latest compaq/hp drives for the library and drives and scsi card.  Does
anyone have any suggestions for me.

Thank you in advance.

Eddie Jones
770-953-1959 ext.2824

"The greatest lesson in life is to know that even fools are right
sometimes."
- Sir Winston Spencer Churchill

---***---