ADSM-L

Re: Enable to define library

2003-04-16 12:56:55
Subject: Re: Enable to define library
From: Guillaume Gilbert <guillaume.gilbert AT DESJARDINS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 12:56:05 -0400
Cfgmgr would give an error saying a deivce.scsi.* fileset was not installed but
it was. 5.1.0.35 is the version. Sysadmin said the latest one was 5.1.0.36 so I
told him
not to bother. There's alot of bosboot stuff going on when intsalling tsm and
it is recommended to reboot after every one. I just chalk it up to experience...

Guillaume Gilbert
Conseiller - Gestion du stockage
CGI - Gestion intégré des technologies
TEL. : (514) 281-7000 ext 3642
Pager : (514) 957-2615
Email : guillaume.gilbert AT cgi DOT com

Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>@VM.MARIST.EDU> on 2003-04-15 19:35:44

Veuillez répondre à "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>

Envoyé par :      "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>

Pour : ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc :
Objet :     Re: Réf. : Re: Enable to define library

>...But when I try to define the library through smit, I get the following
>error :
>
>Method error (/etc/methods/cfgtsmdd):
>        0514-040 Error initializing a device into the kernel.

Had you tried a 'cfgmgr'?  I'm wondering how that would have fared, given your
finding that a reboot cleared the situation.  There's always the issue of an
install of a product trying to plant what it believes are the best device
drivers, rather than what the operating system ascertains in its device
discovery and loadings.

  Richard Sims, BU