ADSM-L

Re: archive retention - quick question!!

2003-03-06 23:10:27
Subject: Re: archive retention - quick question!!
From: DFrance <DFrance-TSM AT ATT DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 12:34:48 -0800
Retention of 65 days means "after" 65 days -- so that would be tomorrow; but,
even then, only AFTER you run EXPIRATION will they be deleted from the db.  To
prevent/defer that action, just avoid running EXPIRATION.

Unfortunately, there is not a supported (ie, externalized) mechanism to
re-establish the expiration of these archived objects... you must either re-run
the archive job (ugh!), or maybe use EXPORT Node to re-save the data.  See the
Richard Sims *AND* Josh Bassi responses to this thread, as well -- they are
BOTH correct.

There is a pending SHARE requirement to change this, so we can "update" the
retention for an existing archive package... don't know the prospects for
delivery.

Don France
Technical Architect -- Tivoli Certified Consultant
Tivoli Storage Manager, WinNT/2K, AIX/Unix, OS/390
San Jose, Ca
(408) 257-3037
mailto:don_france AT ayett DOT net (change aye to a for replies)

Professional Association of Contract Employees
(P.A.C.E. -- www.pacepros.com)