ADSM-L

Canceling a Reclamation FAST

2003-03-06 23:01:41
Subject: Canceling a Reclamation FAST
From: James Taylor <jimtsm AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 16:54:00 -0500
When I cancel a process that is using multiple drives, like a 'move data' or
'reclamation', the process does not end until the file that it is working on
has completed its move from source to destination tape.  If I have an
emergency restore that is stalled because it requires a drive and all the
drives are tied up with processes that are in 'cancel pending' state, is
there quick way of killing the processes that are using the drives without
stopping the TSM server?

Thanks

JT
AquatiCare Unlimited