ADSM-L

Re: Can anyone verify this ......

2003-02-28 08:08:21
Subject: Re: Can anyone verify this ......
From: Rosa Leung <rosal AT CA.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 08:07:34 -0500
You could  restore  TSM DB  to single  DLT environment,    I have done
this.   After DB restored,  you need to redefine  Library, drive and path
in the current environment,  ( Restore DB only remembers the environment
that DB was backup  to,  you need to do the brain  wash).

Try it.

                      admin AT CF2TREE DOT COM
                      Sent by: "ADSM:          To:       ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST
DOT EDU
                      Dist Stor                cc:
                      Manager"                 Subject:  Can anyone verify this
                      <[email protected]
                      .EDU>

                      02/28/2003 12:45
                      AM
                      Please respond to
                      "ADSM: Dist Stor
                      Manager"

Hi,

TSM 4.1.4 on AIX 4.3.3

Can anyone verify this for me:
If I create a db backup tape in a multi-tapes DLT library from one system,
can I
eject this tape and try to restore the database into another system which
has
only a single DLT drive attached to it?
I was told that I could only do the restore using the same multi-tape DLT
library. I am not sure if this is true because I have never gone through
this step.

Thank you.