ADSM-L

Local copypool policies

2003-02-08 10:27:14
Subject: Local copypool policies
From: "Ubhaykar, Nitin" <NUBHAYKA AT KOCKW DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 8 Feb 2003 18:26:25 +0300
Hi TSMers,

we have two TSMs across which we have a Server-to-server implementation, and we
are using this setup to backup our primary tape storage pools across each other.

Now, we plan to create extra local backup pools on each TSM (i.e., local backup
of its own primary tape storage pool) for purpose of taking the tapes offsite.
in this scenario, could anybody please tell me if it is possible to have
different backup policies on the local backup pool ? i.e. policies different
from those on the primary tape storage pools. and if so, can this be done
without using up another additional TSM client license for each client ?

Thanks in advance
Regards,
 <<ole0.bmp>> Nitin Ubhayakar
* 3989111 x 69182