ADSM-L

Re: unix hard links and netscape enterprise mail server

2003-01-09 08:41:47
Subject: Re: unix hard links and netscape enterprise mail server
From: Zlatko Krastev/ACIT <acit AT ATTGLOBAL DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 15:27:23 +0200
I would rather say it is a bug. In my copy of TSM for UNIX B/A Clients
Guide (GC32-0789-00) on p.70 is written:
"Understanding How Hard Links are Handled

When you back up a file that is hard linked to another file, Tivoli
Storage Manager stores both the link information and the data file on the
server. If you back up two files that are hard linked to each other,
Tivoli Storage Manager backs up the link information and only one copy of
the data file.

When you restore a hard linked file, Tivoli Storage Manager attempts to
reestablish the links. For example, if you had a hard linked pair of
files, and only one of the hard-linked files was on your workstation, when
you restore both files, they will be hard-linked together."

Zlatko Krastev
IT Consultant

Mark Stapleton <stapleto AT BERBEE DOT COM>
07.01.2003 16:18