ADSM-L

Re: Data rebinding to non-default management class.

2002-11-03 18:30:02
Subject: Re: Data rebinding to non-default management class.
From: Mark Stapleton <stapleto AT BERBEE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2002 17:27:00 -0600
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU]On Behalf Of
David Fosdike
> We created two new MCs in POLICYSET STANDARD
> 1. STANDARD_NC to backup to diskpool DISKPOOL_NC
> 2. STREAMING_NC to backup to sequential pool LTOPOOL_NC
>
> We validated the policyset and activated it.
>
> We scheduled a backup for a server which should have used the default MC -
> no overrides were specified in DSM.OPT or in the client option set. It
> started to rebind and then failed because there was no space in pool
> LTOPOOL_NC.

Unless you declare a DIRMC (directory management class), all directory
entries will bind to the management class with the longest duration. If one
of your new management classes has durations longer than your default
mgmtclass, all directory entries will rebind to the new class.

Certified TSM consultant
Certified AIX system engineer
MCSE