ADSM-L

7337 DLT Lib and Volume Management

2002-07-31 09:14:11
Subject: 7337 DLT Lib and Volume Management
From: Theresa Sarver <IFMC.tsarver AT SDPS DOT ORG>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 09:11:44 -0400
Hello;

TSM Environment:
S80
7337 DLT lib
AIX 4.3.3 ML10
TSM 4.2.1

Anyone out there know anything about the 7337 DLT libs?  I have worked
extensively with the 3570's but not DLTs...My question is that there are 10
magazine in the front of the lib that contains 10 tapes.  However, there is
something in back called "Fixed Cells" and there are 5 tapes in these cells -
so the library is housing 15 tapes total...however when I do a 'q libv'  I only
see 13 tapes.  Also, my 'q libv' and 'q vol' don't match up - for instance the
'q vol' shows a tape (DSM010) as empty, however, the 'q libv' doesn't even show
the tape in the library.  ???  Does TSM write to these "Fixed Cell" tapes as
well? - Or just the 10 tapes in the Magazine?

Lastly, the compression setting (if there is one) doesn't appear to be correct.
 These tapes are 35/70GB, however I only have 2 tapes out of 9 that are getting
70GB - the rest are getting around 35GB (q vol).  Anyone know of where I can
look to resolve this issue?

Here is some more data which I hope will help:

7337 TAPE LAYOUT:
The following tapes are located inside the 7337 Magazine:
015, 016, 002, 017, 004, 005, 006, 018, 008, 009

The next 5 cartridges are located in the 5 "Fixed Cells":
010, 011, 012, 013, 014

TSM INFORMATION:

q vol:

Volume Name               Storage      Device      Estimated    Pct
Volume
                          Pool Name    Class Name   Capacity   Util
Status
                                                        (MB)
------------------------  -----------  ----------  ---------  -----
--------
--------
DSM004                    DLTPOOL      AUTOCLASS    70,000.0   22.0
DSM004                    DLTPOOL      AUTOCLASS    70,000.0   22.0
Filling
DSM006                    DLTPOOL      AUTOCLASS    38,991.2   98.0
Full
DSM008                    DLTPOOL      AUTOCLASS    38,574.2   62.6
Full
DSM009                    DLTPOOL      AUTOCLASS    70,000.0   66.8
Filling
DSM010                    DLTPOOL      AUTOCLASS         0.0    0.0
Empty
DSM011                    DLTPOOL      AUTOCLASS    31,799.3   71.4
Full
DSM014                    DLTPOOL      AUTOCLASS    33,817.9   46.9
Full
DSM016                    DLTPOOL      AUTOCLASS    38,772.4   48.4
Full
DSM018                    DLTPOOL      AUTOCLASS         0.0    0.0
Empty

q libv:

Library Name   Volume Name   Status       Owner        Last Use    Home
Element
------------   -----------   ----------   ----------   ---------
------------
------------
AUTOLIB        DSM002        Scratch                               2
AUTOLIB        DSM002        Scratch                               2

AUTOLIB        DSM004        Private                   Data        4

AUTOLIB        DSM006        Private                   Data        6

AUTOLIB        DSM008        Private                   Data        8

AUTOLIB        DSM009        Private                   Data        9

AUTOLIB        DSM011        Private                   Data        11

AUTOLIB        DSM012        Scratch                               12

AUTOLIB        DSM013        Private                   Data        13

AUTOLIB        DSM014        Private                   Data        14

AUTOLIB        DSM015        Private                   DbBackup    0

AUTOLIB        DSM016        Private                   Data        1

AUTOLIB        DSM017        Private                   DbBackup    3

AUTOLIB        DSM018        Private                   Data        7

Thanks for your assistance;
Theresa