ADSM-L

Re: 3494 cleaning

2002-07-02 11:48:29
Subject: Re: 3494 cleaning
From: Mark Stapleton <stapleto AT BERBEE DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2002 10:46:12 -0500
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU]On Behalf Of
Loon, E.J. van - SPLXM
> I would like to force a one time drive cleaning on a 3494
> library. Is there a command to initiate this?

(One hesitates to ask why you want to force a cleaning, but...)

Use the tapeutil (UNIX) or ntutil (Windows) command to move the cleaner tape
from its slot to each drive. Don't forget to take the drive offline as far
as TSM is concerned before running the media move.

Certified TSM consultant
Certified AIX system engineer
MSCE