ADSM-L

tsm internal design?

2002-06-06 09:34:53
Subject: tsm internal design?
From: Justin Bleistein <justin.bleistein AT SUNGARD DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2002 09:28:30 -0400
I'm planning on taking over classes at a local community college teaching
classes about Unix operating system design, teaching the super block
design, inode assignment design, system calls, file descriptor table
designs etc. I want to try to put together a TSM internals design
curriculum as well and I was wondering does anyone know of any books or
online documentation which explains the design of TSM from an internals
perspective? Is there any documentation for geeks like us?. Any suggestions
would be appreciated thanks! The best I can do right now is explain the
different database tables. I'm looking for something more in depth. Like
what the "dsmfmt" command is actually doing, under the covers. thanks!

--Justin Richard Bleistein