ADSM-L

Label tapes and checkin on ACSLS

2002-05-13 00:41:08
Subject: Label tapes and checkin on ACSLS
From: "Murphy, Craig" <craig.murphy AT NZ.UNISYS DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 14:41:32 +1000
I'm running a test on connection to a STK CLU6000 controled by an ACSLS.
I've managed to configure TSM to see a fibre drive but I'm stumped on a way
to label a tape and checkin to to library. Things seem to work a bit
differently compared to SCSI auto librarys.

On a tape mounted in the drive I tried
dsmlabel -drive=/dev/rmt/mt1,0,0,9,0 -overwrite
but failed. (Took some time to fail)

Trying dsmlabel -drive=/dev/rmt/mt1 -overwrite (without the ACSID address)
seemed to be accepted withoout an error but I couldn't checkin the volume.

Whats the best way of doing this? I don't want to use the "SEARCH" option in
label as the tapes in the CLU6000 are used by other things.

Once labeled whats the best way of checkin of the one tape.

Cheers
Craig