ADSM-L

Re: Expiration ...(full vols 0.0% utilized)

2002-04-22 09:59:32
Subject: Re: Expiration ...(full vols 0.0% utilized)
From: "Cook, Dwight E" <DWIGHT.E.COOK AT SAIC DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 06:56:17 -0700
Have you checked to ensure you don't have any ~HUNG~ volumes ?
We recently discovered (in TSM 4.1) that if we had reclamation running
during our DB backup that TSM would have some lock problems and once all the
data was moved off a volume, it wouldn't roll scratch again ! ! !
I went out and looked and we had close to 100 tapes that were FULL and 0%
utilized ! ! !
We had to run ~audit vol fix=yes~ against each of these volumes (to clear up
hanging references)
        but this only moved them to an EMPTY state
        where they stayed until we issued a ~delete vol~ against each of
them
        at which time they rolled scratch again.
you might try a "q vol stat=full" and see if you have any that are 0.0%
utilized...

Dwight E. Cook
Software Application Engineer III
509 S. Boston Ave.  Suit 220