ADSM-L

LTO Autoloader 3581 speed problem

2002-04-16 05:06:05
Subject: LTO Autoloader 3581 speed problem
From: Praveen Kumar <pavikumar AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 05:06:05 -0400
Hi all,

I have an IBM LTO Autoloader 3581 connected to SUN E250 Server using PCI
SCSI adapter(X6541A). I have configured TSM and TDP for SAP R/3. I am
getting a data transfer rate of 30GB/hour when I take the backup of SAP
database. I have another autoloader which is IBM Magstar 3570, connected to
SUN Enterprise 3000 server using Sbus card, through which I am getting
backup speed of 40GB per hour. SAP data file sizes are 500MB, 1GB and 2GB
etc. We downloaded latest microcode for LTO autoloader and updated it. Still
there is no improvement in the speed. IBM claims LTO speed of 30MB/sec in
compressed mode which means near about 100GB/hour. What may be the problem
in my LTO setup. Please help.

All suggestions are most welcome and highly appreciated.

Thanks & Regards

Praveen