ADSM-L

TSM 4.2.1.30 scheduler dies intermittently....

2002-04-10 11:18:28
Subject: TSM 4.2.1.30 scheduler dies intermittently....
From: Keith Kwiatek <kkwiatek AT NIST DOT GOV>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 11:15:38 -0400
Hello,

I have  900 tsm total TSM clients. Everything has been running fine, but I
have 20 new clients that have installed TSM 4.2.1.30 on their win2000
machines. The tsm scheduler starts fine, and at the correct time begins a
backup. But sometimes the scheduler just dies. Doesn't leave errors
messages. I look at the end of the dsmsched.log and I can see that it was in
the process of backing up (files are being "sent'), but then it just ends.
The last entry is just a file being sent to the server, and then nothing.
The scheduler is stopped in "services".

The machine is not being powered down. There is no power managment. These
are experienced users.

One curious thing is that Tivoli now has 4.2.1.20 as the latest win2000
client -whereas I had downloaded tsm 4.2.1.30 not too long ago (??) Why are
they going backwards?

Any and all help is appreciated!!

Keith