ADSM-L

Re: LAN Free backups

2015-10-04 17:10:42
Subject: Re: LAN Free backups
From: Uwe Schreiber [mailto:Uwe.Schreiber AT DAIMLERCHRYSLER DOT COM]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Hello Joe,

as far as i know, the only way to use the diskpool in a LAN free =
environment,=20
is to use SANErgy in addition to TSM.

Mit freundlichen Gr=FC=DFen / Best Regards
Uwe Schreiber

        Joe.Cascanette AT CUMIS DOT COM
        Sent by: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
        08.03.2002 14:39
        Please respond to ADSM-L
                =20
                 To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                 bcc:=20

Actually it was something I missed (another TSMer fill me in..Thanks). I =
needed=20
to create a new policy for these nodes and direct them to teh tapes =
instead of=20
the disk storage pools.=20

I have also noticed a slow down. I use colocation for my local copies =
and since=20
I am sending mostly large files from this node I see a backlog of =
sessions just=20
sitting at MEDIAW. So not I went from a 10 session connection to a 1 =
session=20
connection. Great it goes directly to tape, but is there any way to =
utilize the=20
LAN Free path to use the diskpool as well if the file is lower than a =
certian=20
size (like a regular disk storage pool)??

Joe